Texas Occupations Code

Sec. § 1201.458
Habitability: Exception for Certain Governmental or Nonprofit Entities


Notwithstanding any other provision of this subchapter and on a written application by the purchaser or transferee, the director may give express written authorization to a licensed retailer to sell or exchange a used manufactured home that is not or may not be habitable to or with a governmental housing agency or authority or to a nonprofit organization that provides housing for the homeless.


As a part of the application, the purchaser or transferee must certify to the receipt of a written notice that the home is not or may not be habitable. The consumer protection division of the attorney general’s office shall prepare the form of the notice, which must be approved by the director.


The purchaser or transferee may not occupy or allow occupation of the home as a dwelling until the completion of any repair necessary to make the home habitable.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1421, Sec. 2, eff. June 1, 2003.

Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021