Texas Occupations Code

Sec. § 1201.161
Transportation of Manufactured Housing


Notwithstanding any other statute or rule or ordinance, a licensed retailer or licensed installer is not required to obtain a permit, certificate, or license or pay a fee to transport manufactured housing to the place of installation except as required by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles under Subchapter E, Chapter 623 (Permits for Oversize or Overweight Vehicles), Transportation Code.


The department shall cooperate with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles by providing current lists of licensed manufacturers, retailers, and installers.


The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles shall send the department monthly:


a copy of each permit issued in the preceding month for the movement of manufactured housing on the highways; or


a list of the permits issued in the preceding month and the information on the permits.


Unless the information provided for in Subsection (c) is provided electronically, the department shall pay the reasonable cost of providing the copies or the list and information under Subsection (c).


The copies and lists to be provided under this section may be provided electronically.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1421, Sec. 2, eff. June 1, 2003.
Amended by:
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 863 (H.B. 1460), Sec. 22, eff. January 1, 2008.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1345 (S.B. 1420), Sec. 98, eff. September 1, 2011.

Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021