Texas Occupations Code

Sec. § 1201.153
Formaldehyde Health Notice


A retailer or manufacturer may not transfer ownership of a HUD-code manufactured home or otherwise sell, assign, or convey a HUD-code manufactured home to a consumer unless the retailer or manufacturer delivers to the consumer a formaldehyde health notice, subject to the director’s rules concerning the notice.


The notice must be delivered before the execution of a mutually binding sales agreement or retail installment sales contract.


The notice must:


contain the information required by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development; and


be of the type, size, and format required by the director.


A retailer or manufacturer may not vary the content or form of the notice.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1421, Sec. 2, eff. June 1, 2003. Amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 338, Sec. 6, eff. June 18, 2003.

Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021