Texas Occupations Code

Sec. § 1201.212
Transfer of Ownership by Operation of Law


If the ownership of a manufactured home in this state is transferred by inheritance, devise, or bequest, by bankruptcy, receivership, judicial sale, or other involuntary divestiture of ownership, or by any other operation of law, the department shall issue a new statement of ownership after receiving a copy of:


the order or bill of sale from an officer making a judicial sale;


the order appointing a temporary administrator;


the probate proceedings;


the letters testamentary or the letters of administration; or


if administration of an estate is not necessary, an affidavit by all of the heirs at law showing:


that administration is not necessary; and


the name in which the statement of ownership should be issued.


The department may issue a new statement of ownership in the name of the purchaser at a foreclosure sale:


for a lien or security interest foreclosed according to law by nonjudicial means, if the lienholder or secured party files an affidavit showing the nonjudicial foreclosure according to law; or


for a foreclosed constitutional or statutory lien, if the person entitled to the lien files an affidavit showing the creation of the lien and the resulting divestiture of title according to law.


The department shall issue a new statement of ownership to a survivor if:


an agreement providing for a right of survivorship is signed by two or more eligible persons, as determined under Section 1201.213 (Eligibility to Sign Right of Survivorship Agreement); and


on the death of one of the persons, the department is provided with a copy of the death certificate of that person.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1421, Sec. 2, eff. June 1, 2003. Amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 338, Sec. 22, eff. June 18, 2003.
Amended by:
Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 408 (H.B. 2019), Sec. 39, eff. September 1, 2017.

Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021