Texas Occupations Code

Sec. § 1201.208
Payment of Taxes Required for Issuance of Statement of Ownership


Any licensee who sells or exchanges a new manufactured home to any consumer is responsible for the payment of all required sales and use tax on such home.


If it is determined that a new manufactured home was sold or exchanged without the required sales and use tax being paid, the payment shall be made from the fund, up to the available penal amount of the licensee’s bond or the remaining balance of the security for the license, and a claim for reimbursement shall be filed with the licensee’s surety or the amount deducted from the security for the license.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1421, Sec. 2, eff. June 1, 2003. Amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 338, Sec. 17, 18, eff. June 18, 2003.
Amended by:
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 863 (H.B. 1460), Sec. 27, eff. January 1, 2008.
Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 408 (H.B. 2019), Sec. 35, eff. September 1, 2017.

Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021