Texas Family Code
Sec. § 6.601
Arbitration Procedures


On written agreement of the parties, the court may refer a suit for dissolution of a marriage to arbitration. The agreement must state whether the arbitration is binding or nonbinding.


If the parties agree to binding arbitration, the court shall render an order reflecting the arbitrator’s award.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 7, Sec. 1, eff. April 17, 1997.
Last accessed
Aug. 14, 2020