Texas Family Code
Sec. § 6.307
Jurisdiction to Declare Marriage Void


Either party to a marriage made void by this chapter may sue to have the marriage declared void, or the court may declare the marriage void in a collateral proceeding.


The court may declare a marriage void only if:


the purported marriage was contracted in this state; or


either party is domiciled in this state.


A suit to have a marriage declared void is a suit in rem, affecting the status of the parties to the purported marriage.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 7, Sec. 1, eff. April 17, 1997.
Last accessed
Jan. 23, 2020