Texas Water Code
Sec. § 57.341
Claims Judgments


If a person making a claim sues the trustees for the amount of the claim and wins a judgment against the trustees, the person shall file the judgment with the trustees.


If the suit contests a claim under Section 57.338 (Protesting Payment of Claims Approved Before District Was Dissolved) of this code, the contestant and his sureties shall be made parties to the suit, and the trustees shall assert all defenses urged against the claim in the protest. If the claimant wins a judgment for the whole amount of his claim, the court shall render a judgment against the contestant and his sureties for all costs incurred in the suit.
Acts 1971, 62nd Leg., p. 110, ch. 58, Sec. 1, eff. Aug. 30, 1971.
Last accessed
Sep. 20, 2020