Texas Water Code
Sec. § 57.273
Readjusting Assessments


After one year from the date of the final judgment and decree of the commissioners of appraisement the owners of a majority of the acreage in the district may file a petition with the commissioners court alleging that the previous assessment of benefits in the judgment and decree is insufficient or inequitable and requesting an increase or readjustment of the assessment of benefits for the purpose of making an adequate or more equitable basis for levying taxes.


If the engineer’s report is changed or modified, or if extensive repairs or additions to the engineer’s report are desired, the board shall file a petition with the commissioners court describing the changes, modifications, repairs, or additions.


When a petition is filed, the commissioners court shall set a day for a hearing on the petition.


The commissioners court shall issue notice informing all persons concerned of the time and place of the hearing, and of their rights to appear and contend for or contest a reassessment of benefits. The notice must be posted as provided in Section 57.015 (Notice of Hearing) of this code for posting notice of the hearing for establishing the district.
Acts 1971, 62nd Leg., p. 110, ch. 58, Sec. 1, eff. Aug. 30, 1971. Amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 248, Sec. 53, eff. June 18, 2003.
Last accessed
Sep. 20, 2020