Texas Transportation Code
Sec. § 522.015
License or Permit Issued by Other Jurisdiction

A person may drive a commercial motor vehicle in this state if:


the person has a commercial driver’s license or a commercial learner’s permit issued by:


another state in accordance with the minimum federal standards for the issuance of a commercial motor vehicle driver’s license; or


a foreign jurisdiction the testing and licensing standards of which the United States Department of Transportation has determined meet the requirements of the federal act;


the person’s license or permit is appropriate for the class of vehicle being driven;


the person is not disqualified from driving a commercial motor vehicle and is not subject to an out-of-service order;


the person has not had a domicile in this state for more than 30 days; and


if the person has a permit, the person also has a driver’s license issued by the same jurisdiction that issued the permit.
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
Amended by:
Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 752 (H.B. 1888), Sec. 7, eff. January 1, 2016.
Last accessed
Sep. 19, 2020