Texas Property Code

Sec. § 21.018
Appeal From Commissioners’ Findings


A party to a condemnation proceeding may object to the findings of the special commissioners by filing a written statement of the objections and their grounds with the court that has jurisdiction of the proceeding. The statement must be filed on or before the first Monday following the 20th day after the day the commissioners file their findings with the court.


If a party files an objection to the findings of the special commissioners, the court shall cite the adverse party and try the case in the same manner as other civil causes.
Acts 1983, 68th Leg., p. 3501 ch. 576, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1984.

Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021