Texas Property Code

Sec. § 21.017
Alternative Pleadings


This state, a political subdivision of this state, a person, an association of persons, or a corporation that is a party to a suit covered by Section 21.003 (District Court Authority) of this code by petition, cross-bill, or plea of intervention may assert a claim to the property or, alternatively, seek to condemn the property.


A plea under this section is not an admission of an adverse party’s title to the property in controversy.
Acts 1983, 68th Leg., p. 3501, ch. 576, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1984.

Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021