Texas Water Code
Sec. § 62.118
Cooperation With United States


If a river, creek, stream, bay, canal, or waterway to be improved is navigable or the proposed improvement is of a nature which requires the permission or consent of the United States, the commission may obtain the required permission or consent of the United States.


Instead of or in addition to employing an engineer as provided in Section 62.076 of this code the commission may:


adopt any survey of a river, creek, canal, stream, bay, or waterway previously made by the United States;


arrange for surveys, examinations, and investigations of the proposed improvement; and


arrange for supervision of the work of improvement by the United States.


The commission may cooperate and act with the United States in any and all matters relating to the construction and maintenance of canals and the improvement and navigation of navigable rivers, bays, creeks, streams, canals, and waterways.


The authority to cooperate shall extend to surveys, work, or expenditures of money made or to be made either by the commission or by the United States.


The United States may aid in all such matters, and the commission shall have authority to consent to the United States entering on and taking management and control of the work where necessary or permissible under the laws, regulations, and orders of the United States.
Acts 1971, 62nd Leg., p. 110, ch. 58, Sec. 1, eff. Aug. 30, 1971.
Last accessed
Aug. 13, 2020