Texas Water Code
Sec. § 60.120
Contracts, Leases, and Agreements Authorized


A district acting under this subchapter may enter into any contract, lease, or agreement necessary or convenient to carry out any of the powers granted in this subchapter, including a contract for purchase, lease for purchase, or other agreement for the use or acquisition of real property, or improvements to real property or the use or acquisition of personal property. The contract, lease, or agreement may be entered into with any person and any government or governmental agency including the United States, the State of Texas, and a public facility corporation organized under Chapter 303 (Public Facility Corporations), Local Government Code.


Any contract, lease, or agreement entered into under Subsection (a) of this section shall be approved by resolution of the commission and shall be executed by the chairman, the executive director of the district, or an authorized representative of the executive director.
Acts 1971, 62nd Leg., p. 110, ch. 58, Sec. 1, eff. Aug. 30, 1971.
Amended by:
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1330 (S.B. 1531), Sec. 3, eff. June 15, 2007.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1027 (H.B. 2770), Sec. 9, eff. June 17, 2011.
Last accessed
Jul. 12, 2020