Texas Water Code
Sec. § 60.104
Power to Borrow Money


The commission, for the purposes stated in Subsection (b) of this section, may borrow money from the United States or from any other source and may evidence the debt by issuing notes, warrants, certificates of indebtedness, negotiable bonds, or other forms of obligation of the district payable solely out of the revenue to be derived from land, improvements, and facilities.


The commission may use the money to acquire land and waterways and all improvements on or to the land and waterways and to acquire, purchase, construct, enlarge, extend, repair, maintain, operate, or develop wharves, docks, warehouses, grain elevators, bunkering facilities, belt railroads, floating plants and facilities, lightering and towing facilities, everything appurtenant to them, and all other facilities or aids incidental to or useful in the operation or development of the district’s ports and waterways or in the aid of navigation and commerce in the ports and waterways.


Obligations issued under this subchapter shall not constitute an indebtedness or pledge of credit of the district and may not be paid in whole or in part from any funds raised or to be raised by taxation. Each obligation shall contain a recital to this effect.
Acts 1971, 62nd Leg., p. 110, ch. 58, Sec. 1, eff. Aug. 30, 1971.
Last accessed
May. 8, 2021