Texas Family Code
Sec. § 153.551
Suit for Access


The sibling of a child who is separated from the child because of an action taken by the Department of Family and Protective Services may request access to the child by filing:


an original suit; or


a suit for modification as provided by Chapter 156.


A sibling described by Subsection (a) may request access to the child in a suit filed for the sole purpose of requesting the relief, without regard to whether the appointment of a managing conservator is an issue in the suit.


The court shall order reasonable access to the child by the child’s sibling described by Subsection (a) if the court finds that access is in the best interest of the child.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 1191 (H.B. 270), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2005.
Amended by:
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 1113 (H.B. 1012), Sec. 14, eff. September 1, 2009.
Last accessed
Jul. 6, 2020