Texas Water Code
Sec. § 61.163
Unimproved Land


A district which acquires, leases, or takes over unimproved land owned or controlled by any incorporated municipality, may pay for the use, rental, or hire of the land a price or rental value to be fixed by the commission.


If the commission fails or is unable to agree on terms and conditions for the use and rental of the unimproved land, then the district, through the power of eminent domain, may condemn the land or parts of the land which it thinks the interest of the district requires.
Acts 1971, 62nd Leg., p. 110, ch. 58, Sec. 1, eff. Aug. 30, 1971.
Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021