Texas Water Code
Sec. § 55.193
Selling Water Rights


Any district which has a permit issued by the commission to construct a reservoir and to appropriate water from a stream or watershed for irrigation or other purposes may convey to another district an interest in the reservoir or water rights.


The conveyance shall be recorded in the office of the county clerk of the county in which the property is located and in the office of the executive director.


The conveyance, when filed, shall convey all rights in the interest conveyed which were held under the permit by the district conveying the interest.


After the conveyance is filed in the office of the executive director, the rights conveyed vest in the district to which the conveyance was made as if the rights were granted directly by the commission.
Acts 1971, 62nd Leg., p. 446, ch. 58, Sec. 1, eff. Aug. 30, 1971. Amended by Acts 1981, 67th Leg., p. 961, ch. 367, Sec. 1, eff. June 10, 1981.
Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021