Texas Transportation Code
Sec. § 550.068
Changing Accident Report


Except as provided by Subsection (b), a change in or a modification of a written report of a motor vehicle accident prepared by a peace officer that alters a material fact in the report may be made only by the peace officer who prepared the report.


A change in or a modification of the written report of the accident may be made by a person other than the peace officer if:


the change is made by a written supplement to the report; and


the written supplement clearly indicates the name of the person who originated the change.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 214, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997.
Amended by:
Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 533 (S.B. 312), Sec. 49, eff. September 1, 2017.
Last accessed
Apr. 14, 2021