Tex. Ins. Code Section 4054.101
License Required

Except as provided by Section 4054.053 (Authority to Write Additional Lines), an agent is required to hold a limited life, accident, and health license if the agent writes:


a policy or rider to a policy that provides only:


lump-sum cash benefits in the event of accidental death or dismemberment; or


ambulance expense benefits in the event of accident or sickness;


a prepaid legal services contract under Article 5.13-1 or Chapter 961 (Nonprofit Legal Services Corporations);


credit insurance, except as otherwise provided by Chapter 4055 (Specialty Agents); or


any other kind of insurance, if holding a limited life, accident, and health license to write that kind of insurance is determined necessary by the commissioner for the protection of the insurance consumers of this state.
Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1274, Sec. 7, eff. April 1, 2005.

Source: Section 4054.101 — License Required, https://statutes.­capitol.­texas.­gov/Docs/IN/htm/IN.­4054.­htm#4054.­101 (accessed Dec. 2, 2023).

Dec. 2, 2023

§ 4054.101’s source at texas​.gov