Tex. Ins. Code Section 4004.053
Requirements Based on Type of License Held


An individual who holds a general life, accident, and health license, a life agent license, an adjuster license, a managing general agent license, a general property and casualty license, or a personal lines property and casualty license must complete 24 hours of continuing education during the license period. If the individual holds more than one license for which continuing education is otherwise required, the individual is not required to complete more than 24 continuing education hours for all licenses during the license period. An individual who is required under rules adopted under Chapter 4008 (Agent Certification and Education Programs for Complex Insurance Products) to hold a certificate to sell a designated product or product line may use continuing education programs administered under Section 4004.151 (Agent Education Programs) to satisfy the continuing education requirements under this subsection.


An individual who holds a limited life, accident, and health license or a limited property and casualty license must complete five hours of continuing education annually.
Added by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1274, Sec. 7, eff. April 1, 2005.
Amended by:
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 548 (S.B. 1263), Sec. 2.20, eff. September 1, 2007.
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 451 (H.B. 2456), Sec. 2, eff. June 19, 2009.
Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1172 (S.B. 876), Sec. 7, eff. September 1, 2015.
Acts 2021, 87th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (H.B. 4030), Sec. 15, eff. September 1, 2021.

Source: Section 4004.053 — Requirements Based on Type of License Held, https://statutes.­capitol.­texas.­gov/Docs/IN/htm/IN.­4004.­htm#4004.­053 (accessed Nov. 25, 2023).

Nov. 25, 2023

§ 4004.053’s source at texas​.gov