Tex. Ins. Code Section 1152.151
Agent’s License Required


A person may not sell or offer for sale in this state a variable contract, or act to negotiate, make, or consummate a variable contract for another, unless the department has licensed the person under Chapter 4054 (Life, Accident, and Health Agents) as a general life, accident, and health agent or a life agent.


The licensing and regulation of a person acting as a variable contract agent is subject to the same provisions applicable to the licensing and regulation of other agents under Title 13.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1419, Sec. 2, eff. June 1, 2003. Amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1276, Sec. 10A.303(b), eff. Sept. 1, 2003.
Amended by:
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 548 (S.B. 1263), Sec. 2.11, eff. September 1, 2007.
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 730 (H.B. 2636), Sec. 2F.009, eff. April 1, 2009.

Source: Section 1152.151 — Agent's License Required, https://statutes.­capitol.­texas.­gov/Docs/IN/htm/IN.­1152.­htm#1152.­151 (accessed Dec. 2, 2023).

Dec. 2, 2023

§ 1152.151’s source at texas​.gov