Tex. Local Gov't Code Section 393.003

In this chapter:


“Federal government” includes the United States, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, or any other agency or instrumentality, corporate or otherwise, of the United States.


“Governing body” means the council, commissioners court, board, or other body that is in charge of the fiscal affairs of a public body.


“Housing authority” means an authority created under the Housing Authorities Law (Chapter 392 (Housing Authorities Established by Municipalities and Counties)).


“Housing project” means a work or other undertaking of a housing authority in accordance with the Housing Authorities Law or any similar work or other undertaking of the federal government.


“Public body” means a municipality or municipal corporation, county, commission, district, authority, or other subdivision or public body of the state.
Acts 1987, 70th Leg., ch. 149, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1987.

Source: Section 393.003 — Definitions, https://statutes.­capitol.­texas.­gov/Docs/LG/htm/LG.­393.­htm#393.­003 (accessed Jun. 5, 2024).

Jun. 5, 2024

§ 393.003’s source at texas​.gov