Tex. Gov't Code Section 615.122
Payment to Surviving Minor Children

If an eligible surviving spouse who would be entitled to benefits under Section 615.121 (Payment to Surviving Spouse) does not exist but one or more eligible surviving minor children of the deceased peace officer or employee of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, as described by Section 615.003 (Applicability)(1) or (6), do exist, the state shall pay to the guardian or other legal representative of those children the funeral expenses of the deceased officer or employee.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1438, Sec. 7, eff. Sept. 1, 2001.
Amended by:
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 87 (S.B. 1969), Sec. 25.077, eff. September 1, 2009.

Source: Section 615.122 — Payment to Surviving Minor Children, https://statutes.­capitol.­texas.­gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.­615.­htm#615.­122 (accessed Jun. 5, 2024).

Jun. 5, 2024

§ 615.122’s source at texas​.gov