Texas Government Code
Sec. § 411.0165
Veteran Applicants for Trooper Training

The department may accept a person applying to the department’s trooper trainee academy if the person:


has served four or more years in the United States armed forces as a member of the military police or other security force and received an honorable discharge; and


meets all other department requirements for a commissioned officer.
Added by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 333 (H.B. 11), Sec. 8, eff. September 1, 2015.
Last accessed
Jun. 7, 2021